Procedures and Requirements
Enrollment procedures and requirements vary from district to district and state to state. Please carefully read the information below to make the enrollment process a smooth and successful experience. To find out what school your child should attend use the School Finder link below.
*Note: If you have questions about your school of attendance, please contact JCPS Transportation Services 919-934-8340.
Contact the school directly to schedule an appointment to enroll your child. (Click here for a school directory)
Policy Code 4150 - Requirements for School Enrollment; Other Than Kindergarten
Documentation required at the time of enrollment:
- Proof of Residency - proof of home ownership, signed lease agreement, utility bill (gas, water, electric, cable), bank statements and payroll stubs addressed to residence.
- Proof of Age - birth certificate, hospital certificate, etc.
- Grade Placement - withdrawal form, transcript, or report card.
- Immunization Record - must meet NC immunization requirements and the Board of Education's immunization policy.
- Photo I.D. - Photo I.D. of person enrolling.
(Please click here to read kindergarten enrollment information.)
In an effort to ensure that the unique needs of military-connected students are met, Session Law 2014-15 requires the North Carolina State Board of Education and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to collect information on military-connected students. The goal is to help accommodate these students by providing them with support and consistency when their parents are deployed, when they are transitioning between schools, and at other pivotal times during their academic career. Parents of affected students must complete the Military–Connected Students Reporting Form (view in Español).